Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Assignment #2 - Depth of Field and Motion






The above four are the images that I chose for the Depth Of Field portion of the assignment.
And for critique, I would like the third one, because I feel like it is the strongest of the four.




These are the four images that I chose for motion, although none of them really capture motion blur, they mostly capture freezing motion. I really struggled with the motion part of the assignment. I found a lot of depth of field images that I liked, but very few motion. For the critique of the motion images I would also like the third image to be critiqued.
Anyways, leave me some feedback and let me know what you think :D

7 comments:

  1. I may be bias cause there's a cello involved, but that little bug is awesome. The first picture, though is stunning. It doesn't really have much to be compared to because the leaf and the girl are almost on the same level of depth, but it definitely makes me think you're going to be a very strong portrait photographer in the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Kara, I loved your first image but didnt feel it was the best representation of DOF as the model seems as sharp as the leaf with hardly any background. I'm also loving the bug image as DOF and that image 2 is the best!

    Motion - Image 2 and 3 are great, the third one is equally strong as your 2nd image that you showed in check in. I think you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, both of the students before me said it: The image of the bug is a great demonstration of DOF. The DOF is actually so shallow that ONLY the bug is in focus. That's nicely done. The scarecrow works well as a demonstration of DOF, as well. As far as the motion images are concerned, the second and fourth images are working best. In both cases you've frozen something in motion that is off the ground, seemingly defying gravity. That works well. I know you like the pumpkin image--and it is a nice little photo--but the whole thing is in focus, so it doesn't really show off DOF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I really like the third dof and the first motion picture in how the leaves are blurred while falling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome photos! The first looks like a model quality shot. I think your bug photo is the strongestand I like your #2 in the motion the most! Really good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I completely understand what you mean, and if at all possible, I would like to go with the bug for critiquing tomorrow, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely agree w/ the above. The image of the bug is a very solid example of DOF.

    ReplyDelete