Thursday, September 1, 2011

Assignment 1 "For the love of the game"



These are the edits that I took from the first assignment that we  had to do in this class. On the first image, I didn't really do much except brighten slightly. Then for the second, I played around  with it a bit more, but I am still unsure with that I am doing... Something I hope to learn over the course of this semester. And finally, on the third image, I tried to use a lot of the tools that we talked about in class and change the levels around. If I had to pick a favorite of the three, then I would choose the second image. Let me know your inputs, because like I said, I'm still confused as to what I am doing!

7 comments:

  1. I like how you staged a set-up for your shot. It has the simplicity yet clear understanding of your point. It looks like it could be a Nike ad. Although 2 and 3 are quite similar I think the soccer ball pops slightly better in the 3rd image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amanda! Like I said, I have no idea what I am doing, just trying to come up with things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice composition, Lindsey. I think you're right in your assessment, the middle image is working the best. It has the widest range of values. It could maybe have used a little burning in portions of the sky because that is A LOT of white toward the top of the image. As I said, the composition is nice! Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the middle image the most because the whites are a little milder, but I REALLY liked that in this image, you can kinda look over to the top right side of the image and you can see the sun shine through the trees and it implies "hey, we soccer players work from sunup to sundown." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the input, all the comment were very encouraging and I really appreciate it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo in general. My favorite is the second one. :)

    ReplyDelete